Hair Removal : Soft Winter Skin
When winter hits in earnest, the last thing you want to do is get your legs ready and out for an evening of hair removal against the cold shower glass when the skin is all dry and cracked.
Instead, get out of hibernation mode for a while and moisturise your legs so that even if you do have to (unwillingly) expose the skin on your legs at some point, you’ll be ready!
The cold weather is harder on your skin than other kinds of weather, so here are the top five reasons to wax and ensure you maintain that healthy summer glow all year round:
- Before waxing, you should always exfoliate the skin and remove any dead cells so when it comes to moisturising, you won’t feel like you’re hurting the skin on your legs too much. Moisturise after you finish waxing, so that your skin will quickly feel and look great.
- Winter is the perfect time to focus on the places people see the most – namely, your face. Sure, facial hair removal can be really painful. But with the right product by your side, such as Veet Face Wax Strips with Easy Grip, facial hair removal will be over in a flash and you’ll feel a whole lot better for it.
- Feel the added benefit of waxing without needing a shave in between, so your skin feels softer for longer. If the thought of that leaves you feeling cold, then remember that shaving encourages your hair to grow back thicker. This means that when your next wax comes, it’s going to be a lot more painful!
- If you’re planning a quick getaway, plan to do your bikini line a few days before you actually leave. Start off with a cleansing wipe before you wax, and afterwards prevent ingrown hairs by putting something cold on the area to close pores as quickly as possible, such as an ice cube.
- As your body hair grows at three different rates, maintaining a regular waxing routine will ensure that the hairs are conditioned to keep growing at the same time as each other. Also, waxing weakens the roots so when hair removal is back on the agenda, it won’t be as painful!
Like most of us, people will cave in and end up shaving at some point because it is much quicker and less painful than waxing. But if you put the feeling of smooth legs above the feeling of a blanket and open fire, then there are plenty of options to keep it as quick and painless as possible.
The main thing to remember is you need to keep your skin moisturised properly in order to keep it looking and feeling healthy. Wash in lukewarm water and moisturise immediately afterwards and before you go to bed.
Other useful tips include protecting your skin against extreme temperatures. If you are outside, wrap up in warm clothes and wear tights if your legs become particularly dry. Also, when you have the heating on in the house, put out a bowl of water to humidify the air.